September 20, 2009

the wii fit age







I was watching The Real World,
and guess what?
2 of the uber children have made..

... "a connection"!...
it's day 3.

This got me thinking.

Why do I count those people as naive?

 How come it looks so cliche' to me?
Why is it impossible?
When did I lose the ability to connect, 

or to fall madly in love at first sight?
Are we loving creatures that somehow

learn to un-love as we grow older?
Maybe we grow colder with time, and we lose that
child spirit--that magical "anything can happen"
quality...
Do we start as perfect creatures - 

and then just unlearn the love and perfection-until we die?
Maybe the more we learn, the less we really do know.
When I think back to my 20's, 

it's hard to imagine that just (17 weeks ago...)
 anything was possible.
I was never one to fall in love easily, 

but I felt so connected at times, 
to so many different sources of spirit and energy.

Once you lose it, can you get it back?
Would I now just be pretending to feel?
I once heard a voice deep inside of me speaking-out loud, clear as a bell.
She said,
"you have a fire in your belly, and no one can put it out....not even you."
I have since come to know her as my divine spirit.
How I came to be in a state where I could actually hear this voice, 

is another iGumbo altogether.

Maybe we are made to forever be love and light, 

and what we lose is our vulnerability.
Maybe we do have an eternal flame.
I am going to work on nurturing that energy in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment


side eye...